Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh yeah.

I remembered why I stayed away from liquid diets. Because they end in not one binge, but five ca-trillion. Is ca-trillion a real number? If not, I'm making it one. I feel like a lump and it's my own fault. And I can't wait to MOVE THE FUCK OUT. Seriously. Empty cupboards, empty fridge, exercising whenever the hell I want to. To be honest it was the thanksgiving stuffing that did me in. My mom made it vegan so I had no excuse. And though I resisted it on the actual day there was no shutting out the whispers from the fridge last night....or the night before. Fuck stuffing.

Still weighing in on Thursday with what I'm sure will be dire results. I'm really hoping I land somewhere under 104. And that....if I can keep the binge monster under wraps for the next few days....should be doable. I'm getting my running playlist together today. And scheduling my runs for next week. I have wine night with Cassie on Friday night. Don't tell me how many calories are in wine. It's the one thing I don't feel guilty drinking...though I probably should. I need ONE indulgence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elara! I'm so glad to have found another Sarah Waters fan! To be honest this isn't my favorite book of hers. I think Fingersmith or Tipping the Velvet were my tops :) But this one in interesting enough. So far it revolves around this family (Mother, brother, and sister and two maids) who live in this "haunted" house and is told from the point of view of the doctor who becomes a family friend but is mainly visiting for the brother's war injuries. I'm about half way through it and I don't really see any crazy twist coming, but Sarah is good at saving that right up until the end. I'll let you know if it's worth the read. Since we seem to have similar book tastes do you have any other suggestions? I'm reading The Hunger Games after this but hear those are a quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment