Wednesday, January 2, 2013

And back down I go

I've quit derby...again. And for the final time in my life. So many things got in the way. I was doing well with intake. Eating enough to skate properly and still lose weight too according to my jeans and girlfriend. But the social anxiety aspect of it all just made everything worse. I can't convince myself that anyone would ever see me as a valuable person on the team. I've never been a team sports kind of girl but I loved the rush of getting all your anger out on the track by slamming all you had into another body. I'm back to running. I'm attempting to maintain a healthy outlook on food. Already had a few chew/spit incidents however. Nothing major...and it was mainly because I knew there was too much sugar in it.

I've made some new year's resolutions...actually 101 because I like to fail


Reading:
1. Read 50 books (don't tell me I can't)
2. Join an online book club
3. Subscribe to Bust and VegNews
4. Purchase Harry Potter audio books and listen to them
5. Catch up on Walking Dead graphic novels
6. Rebuild my cookbook collection
7. Finish the Physics Tutoring DVD and calculus books
8. Finish the “All About Me” books with Sondra
9. Read a Shakespeare play I haven’t read

Food:
10. No more soda
11. Complete 3 day detox
12. Use Vitamix once a week
13. Use Dehydrator 12 times
14. Cut back on sugar without using unnatural sugar replacements
15. Cut back on processed foods (veganiase, daiya cheese etc.)
16. Make my own almond milk
17. Try 10 different teas
18. Go to Powell Books (should be in the books section but I don't want to renumber everything!)
19. No purchasing Starbucks unless I have a giftcard
20. Make some serious attempts to decrease/quit coffee (I’m being realistic here)
21. Try a new recipe every week (48 times)
22. Drink 3 glasses of water a day
23. Try a food I’ve never had every month

Extracurricular:
24. Start volunteering at Pasado’s
25. Go to 5 doll meetups/conventions
26. Grow veggies and herbs
27. Go to LeakyCon
28. Develop my Vegan Library
29. Go to 6 concerts
30. Go to the beach
31. Go on vacation with Sondra
32. Go on a wine tour
33. Go to the Chihuli Glass Garden
34. Have a dinner party
35. Have a vegan wine and cheese party
36. Go visit Melvin
37. Get my Melvin tattoo
38. Get together with Molly, Mary and Stephanie
39. Participate in at least 12 social hangouts
40. Go camping
41. Visit Pig’s Peace Sanctuary
42. Go to a burlesque show
43. Take Sondra on a fancy date
44. Go to and dress up for a Renaissance Faire
45. Have more hangouts with cousin Stephanie
46. Take the Seattle Underground Tour
47. Do more Fairy Oracle readings
48. Get some awesome stompin’ boots
49. Watch 20 classic movies I haven’t seen (Flash Dance, Pulp Fiction, Footloose….)
50. Surprise someone with something special
51. Go to the Pacific Science Center
52. Daytrip to Olympia
53. Go see 3 movies in the theater (1 at CineBarre)
54. Go to Card Kingdom and play cards
55. Go to a drag show
56. Attend a charity event
57. Go to an art show
58. Purchase 5 Furry Bones
59. Go see the Grey Gardens Musical
60. Go to a theater production
61. Learn to play Magic The Gathering
62. Go to the American Girl Doll Store
63. Go to the Seattle Art Museum
64. Have a picnic complete with old fashion picnic basket, sundress, and big hat
65. Go to a vegan potluck

Crafty:
 66. Sew 4 doll outfits
67. Sew 6 full sized projects
68. Learn to crochet
69. Take a picture every day
70. Knit a hat
71. Knit a baby blanket
72. Finish knitting Sondra’s scarf
73. Focus on one blog and write in it at least once a week
74. Make a frame or display of sorts to show all the Emilie Autumn concert experiences
75. Finish a puzzle
76. Make a full length music video

Fitness:
77. Run a Marathon
78. Go on 5 hikes
79. Buy new running shoes
80. Get abs and overall increase core strength
81. Complete 60 days of the Insanity workout
82. Learn to do the splits
83. Race for the Apes 5K 
84. Aids Walk

Life:
85. Find a fulfilling career
86. Go to the dentist
87. Keep car clean
88. Go to the doctor
89. Do not purchase plastic water bottles
90. Answer my phone
91. Keep up on Thank you notes
92. Keep up on correspondences
93. Remember and acknowledge birthdays
94. Get regular oil changes/keep up with car maintenance

Appearance:
95. Don’t cut or dye hair
96. Get contacts

Financial:
 97. Put $1000 towards debt
98. Put $2500 in savings
99. Budget monthly
100. Make a savings chart
101. Save all change and buy something fun at the end of the year

I'm still trying to find what I want to do with this blog. I'm going to be updating most of my resolution stuff on my public blog ( d i r t p o o r a n d d a y d r e a m i n g . b l o g s p o t . c o m)

But ya know. I like to come here to whimper and complain and hate  myself...though I'm really really really fucking trying to be better at life these days.

1 comment:

  1. Those are fantastic resolutions! I love that you have so many, and they're so varied and realistic. I'm sure you'll have a great 2013 :)

    xxBella

    ReplyDelete